We are always looking for our next exceptional team member! Is that you?
If the job below sounds like something that would make you happy long term, please send your resumé along for consideration.
Shifts (FT only)
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST, includes a 60-minute unpaid lunch
- This is an 8-hour shift but we will consider flexibility in the start/end times up to a 1-hour difference
- No weekends!
- Paid holidays off *when a holiday falls on a weekend, the closest weekday will be Paid holiday
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Work from home or a professional co-working space
- Equipment is provided for the duration of employment
- If working from home, it is expected that:
- Children under 8 years old are not present (some exceptions granted)
- External noises are not audible (ie. barking dogs, television, washer/dryer, etc.)
- 5 paid personal days/year
- Subject to increase after 1 year of employment
- Learn new industries and skills!
- Instead of being stuck with one type of business or task, you’ll get to work with several! We find this keeps the job from becoming monotonous.
- Work independently
- Being off-site means we place a lot of trust in our team members to successfully manage themselves and the satisfaction of their clients
- Relaxed dress code
- We appreciate the value that receptionists bring to every business, especially our own. We refuse to work with businesses that don’t have similar views.
Job Description & Duties
As an off-site receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for 4 or more small businesses and their customers. Your main responsibility will be to support them via phone, chat, email, and text. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing educated answers to customer service questions
- Scheduling and managing appointments
- Boost efficiency by being mindful of drive-times, locations, routes, and more!
- Routing calls to appropriate staff
- Securing orders/receive payments
- Screening out telemarketers
- Delivering and returning messages
- Responding to live-chats
- Organizing and responding to emails
- Sending appointment confirmations/reminders
- Maintaining customer records
- Managing out-of-office settings
- Staying up to date with individual company changes
- Learning new programs/skills as necessary to fulfill services
When you are assigned a new business, you will be provided training as well as learn on an independent basis. This onboarding process may take anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks (paid) dependent on the nature of the client being served.
Skills Necessary to be a Qualified Candidate:
- Minimum 25 WPM typed
- Good spelling/grammar, or a commitment to use Grammarly/Spellcheck
- Willingness to learn new programs and skills, sometimes quickly
- The ability to maintain a kind and controlled customer service presence
- Customers should not be able to hear our sleepy or agitated moods
- Consistency is key to forming lasting good impressions
- Call volume can fluctuate between low and high, the right receptionist understands this to be a basic expectation of the day-to-day experience
- A natural instinct for how to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Self-motivation to perform high quality work
- Each receptionist IS our reputation
- Mutual respect
- Confidence with a side of humbleness
- It’s not necessary to be perfect, it IS necessary to own mistakes and learn from them!